The 2018 grant round opens later in the year.
Stay tuned for further information and updates. Please see previous year application form below. Small changes may apply for 2018.
Grants Program - Eligibility
The Ballarat Arts Foundation Grants Program is an initiative of the Ballarat Arts Foundation Board to encourage and develop the aspirations and talents of emerging visual and performing artists who have lived, worked or studied in Ballarat.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must have satisfied the reporting and acquittal requirements of any Ballarat Arts Foundation funding received in the past.
- The preferred age of applicants is 16-27 although in certain circumstances the committee will consider applicants outside this range.
- Applicants less than 18 years of age must have their application co-signed by a parent/legal guardian who must confirm they will take responsibility for managing any funding received.
- Applicants must demonstrate a high level of ability and achievement within their chosen field.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to a specific project or requirement in order to achieve progress within their chosen field.
- Applications should be “project” based and related to their field. For example: course materials or specialist equipment; presenting an exhibition of recent works, or the purchase of a new instrument etc. Examples of successful projects can be seen at the Alumni Central Portal
- Grants will not be awarded for ongoing tuition fees
- Applicants must live in and/or have studied and practised their art within Ballarat and District (which is defined as the area covered by Ballarat City Council).
- Applicants must show how a grant will be used to further development in their nominated discipline.
- Applicants should display a strong commitment and contribution to the arts community.
- A detailed breakdown of the budget necessary to complete the project must be shown. If the grant is for the purchase of equipment, two quotes must be provided.
- Complete the Application Form
The Assessment Committee appraises applications against a set of criteria and an interview process.
The Ballarat Arts Foundation 2017 Grants Program is a competitive grants program. In some instances, successful applicants may not receive the full amount of the funding sought. An offer may be made for an identifiable part of the project. The Ballarat Arts Foundation Board makes the final decision regarding all grant allocations. No correspondence regarding decisions will be entered into.
Applications will only be accepted if submitted on the official Application Form. This can be downloaded and completed, and then sent either by email, or completed via the website form. Supporting materials must also be provided.
Applications open on Thursday 1 June 2017.
Please submit your completed application by Friday 14 July 2017.
Once an application is received by the Ballarat Arts Foundation, the applicant will:
- Receive an email confirming receipt of the application: this will be an automated response if the applicant uses the online submission facility, and within 7 days if the application is sent via email.
- Be informed if he/she is to be called for an interview.
- Be invited to attend an interview on Saturday 19 August 2017. An interview time will be communicated by email/phone from a member of the Ballarat Arts Foundation (an alternative date cannot be guaranteed).
- If invited for interview, be required to bring supporting materials, examples of completed work, cd recordings, and or portfolios to the interview for assessment.
- Be informed by Monday 11 September whether their application has been successful
- If awarded a grant, be invited to attend an Awards Ceremony on Thursday 12 October 2017.
Please note that awards are offered on the condition that upon completion of the project for which a Ballarat Arts Foundation grant was awarded, the successful applicant MUST complete the Acquittal form.
Submitted applications will be kept confidential and the contents will not be disclosed to any person outside the application and assessment process. The list of successful applicants will be published on the Ballarat Arts Foundation website.
Need further information?
Please complete the form below, and we'll get in touch with you about your queries.