The 2019 grant round
The grant rounds open on the 1st June 2019.
Ballarat Arts Foundation 2019
Grants Program - Application Guidelines
The Ballarat Arts Foundation (BAF) Grants Program is an initiative of the Ballarat Arts Foundation Board to encourage and develop the aspirations and talents of emerging visual and performing artists who have lived, worked or studied in Ballarat.
For more information please visit - www.ballaratartsfoundation.org.au
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
1. The Application form must be completed and can be found on the Ballarat Arts Foundation website
2. Applicants must live in (or have lived in) and/or have studied and practised their art (either currently or previously) within Ballarat and District, which is defined as the area covered by Ballarat City Council.
3. Applicants under the age of 18 must have their application co-signed by a parent/legal guardian who will take responsibility for managing funds received.
4. A detailed breakdown of the budget necessary to complete the project must be shown. Two alternative quotes must be provided for ALL equipment, purchases, expenses and flights.
5. Grants will not be awarded for ongoing tuition fees
6. Applicants must have satisfied the reporting and acquittal requirements of any Ballarat Arts Foundation funding received in the past.
7. Previous grant recipients may apply for a second grant. Likewise, those who have been previously un-successful may apply for a new grant.
The Grants Committee appraises applications against a set of criteria and an interview process. Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
The BAF Grants Program is a competitive process.
In some instances, successful applicants may not receive the full amount of funding sought. The BAF Board makes the final decision regarding all grant allocations. No correspondence regarding decisions will be entered into.
Applications open on Saturday 1 June 2019.
Please submit, via email, your completed application by the closing date
of Friday 12th July 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once an application is received by the Ballarat Arts Foundation, the process is as follows:
Applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of the application within 7 days.
Applicants will be informed by Friday 26th July 2019 if they have been selected for interview.
Interviews are scheduled for Saturday 17th August 2019. If applicants are selected for an interview, they will be contacted by the Executive Assistant for BAF with an interview time. (Note: An alternative date cannot be guaranteed). Applicants will be required to bring supporting materials, examples of completed work, cd recordings, and/or portfolios to the interview.
Applicants will be informed by Monday 9th September 2019 whether their grant application has been successful
If awarded a grant, applicants will be invited to attend the official Awards Ceremony on Wednesday 9th October 2019.
Please note that grants are offered on the condition that upon completion of the project for which a Ballarat Arts Foundation grant was awarded, the successful applicant MUST complete the Acquittal form.
Submitted applications will be kept confidential and the contents will not be disclosed to any person outside the application and assessment process.
The list of successful applicants will be published on the Ballarat Arts Foundation website by the end of October 2019.
Need further information?
Please complete the form below, and we'll get in touch with you about your queries.